Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon ginger frozen yogurt and the beginning of fall

Lemon ginger frozen yogurt / Frozen yogurt de limão siciliano e gengibre

Fall has arrived and the days have been gray in Sao Paulo – the sun comes up for a while, but fat, heavy clouds seem much stronger and take over the sky.

I am not complaining for I love cold days, but this frozen yogurt certainly reminds me of the last days of summer – fresh, tangy, delicious.

Lemon ginger frozen yogurt
slightly adapted from the amazing Bon Appetit Desserts

¾ cup (180ml) water
¾ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1 cup (260g) plain yogurt
1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
¼ cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest

Bring the water, sugar, corn syrup and ginger into a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat, strain into a medium bowl and chill until cool.
Whisk the yogurt, buttermilk, lemon juice and zest into the ginger syrup. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 weeks.

Serves 6

10 comments:

DessertForTwo said...

When I read your title, I couldn't figure out why it was fall for you. Then I realized you're below the equator. I'm a little jealous the beauty of fall is on its way for you :)

Restaurante Valerie said...

I love frozen yogur! It's delicious and really refreshing!

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

How different the weather is from the south when the north is just welcoming spring :) Perfect shot of the yogurt still frozen scoops!

The Sweetylicious said...

it look so smooth and mouth-watering!(: (:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was an ice cream girl until I had a brilliant frozen yoghurt and now I'm hooked! :)

Vijitha said...

I am drooling over the picture. I love frozen yogurt and I am sure yours will taste great.

mycookinghut said...

This sounds wonderful!

tinytearoom said...

I love my citrusy desserts. Thye give my tastebuds the zing that they need. This looks awesome!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dessert For Two, I'm in Brazil. :)

Valerie, I agree! :)

Min, very different! Thank you, sweetie!
xx

Sweetylicious, thank you!

Vicky, I'm completely addicted, too. :)

VS, thank you!

Leemei, thank you, sweetie!
xoxo

Tiny Tea Room, I love citrus desserts, too! Thank you!

Tastes of Home said...

I love this, so refreshing and pretty! Perfect in this weather and for the summer :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails