Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chickpea and artichoke paella - and Pinterest, again

Chickpea and artichoke paella / Paella de grão-de-bico e alcachofra

Thank you for all your comments about the Pinterest issue!
Jeanette left me a comment with this link and after following Tresa’s instructions I believe the problem is now solved – would you please tell me if the pinning is working?

I like seafood but can’t eat if very often (let’s say my body and seafood don’t see eye to eye) therefore I had never made a paella in my entire life; the minute I saw Donna Hay’s chickpea and artichoke paella I knew I had to try it – no seafood involved and I had all the ingredients in my pantry/fridge, including some really good homemade tomato sauce. The paella tasted great and was really easy and quick to put together – now I’m ready to try other vegetarian versions of this dish, and I know exactly where to go for the recipes.

Chickpea and artichoke paella
slightly adapted from the always beautiful and delicious Donna Hay Magazine

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g arborio rice
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup (60ml) white wine
1 1/3 cups tomato sauce
2 ½ cups (600ml) chicken or vegetable stock
300g store bought marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
handful of basil leaves

Heat the oil in a 4-liter capacity frying pan over high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the rice and chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until absorbed. Stir through the tomato sauce and the stock, season with black pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes without stirring. Remove the paella from the heat, top with the artichoke, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Top with the lemon zest and basil and serve.

Serves 4

5 comments:

Melissa@Julias Bookbag said...

IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can pin you again!!!! I have a lot of back pinning to get caught up on here...:)

Oh! Today I posted about Chocolate cookies from Nigella, I think you will like :)

kickpleat said...

Hooray! Glad you were able to fix it! And the paella looks delicious - I should use artichoke hearts more often.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) said...

I love this idea for a vegetarian paella. Delicious!

Cindy said...

YES!!! Thank you Patricia, I so happy to be able to pin your recipes.

clumsy L. said...

Oh yes, it's working!
I'm going to pin all theses delicious recipes

Related Posts with Thumbnails