Sunday, January 27, 2013

No churn dulce de leche ice cream

No churn dulce de leche ice cream / Sorvete de doce de leite (sem sorveteira)

Besides being a cookbook junkie, I'm also addicted to kitchen gadgets (in my defence, I use them all the time, both the books and the gadgets). :) One of my favorite gadgets is my ice cream maker, which I keep in the freezer for whenever the feel for ice cream strikes, but knowing that not everyone has one I decided to try this recipe found in Nigella's latest book; not only was it dead easy to make but I think you can go wild and adapt it accordingly to your taste - for instance, Nigella used chestnut purée but I went for dulce de leche instead.

No churn dulce de leche ice cream
adapted from the gorgeous Nigellissima: Easy Italian-Inspired Recipes (I bought mine here)

300ml heavy cream
200g dulce de leche + a bit extra swirl into the ice cream (optional)
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon dark rum

Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the dulce de leche, salt and rum. Transfer to an airtight container and swirl in the extra dulce de leche (if using). Freeze for at least 6 hours.

Serves 6-8

7 comments:

Luv'n Spoonfuls said...

Oh my goodness...I can see that I would get myself into some serious trouble here. Like, eat the whole thing myself!!!! I am so excited to see this recipe since I don't need an ice cream machine. Bookmarked!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) said...

Oh look at that lovely dulce de leche ribbon!

@photorecipe said...

What a delicious dessert! Thank´s for sharing.

Regards,

@photorecipe

Lynna said...

This looks REALLY good. I love dulce de leche, but I'm always too lazy to make the dulce de leche homemade into ice cream. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patricia,
I enjoy reading your blog and love your ice cream recipes using Ice cream maker, I'm planning to buy one and would like to ask you about your ice cream maker, can you please give me the name of the brand and the model? and is it with Freezer bowl (needs to put in freezer) or with Self-contained compressor (self-freezing)?
Thank you so much

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hey, there,
I bought my ice cream maker many years ago, here in Brazil - the brand is Hamilton Beach but the model is no longer produced. :(
Anyway, it's really good and it's the freezer bowl type. Hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, you are so kind..

Related Posts with Thumbnails