The lovely Toni, from the Daily Bread Journal, has tagged me for a meme - there you go, 5 things about me you probably don't know:
- I was fascinated by books and comic books so my mom would read to me all day long - I mean it. I wanted her to read to me all the time, and when my father arrived home from work he had to read to me, too.
One day, my mom came to the conclusion that it would be a lot easier if I could do those things by myself.
Being a stay-at-home mom, she decided to teach me how to write and read. And she did. And I was 4 years old. :)
- As a 5 year-old kid, my answer to the old question "what do you want to be when you grow up?" used to be "the owner of a newsstand". My ultimate dream back then was being able to read all the magazines and comic books without having to buy them.
- I am terrified of horror movies. Scared to death. But I watch them anyway. I don't know what happens, I just can't change the channel. And then I get so impressed I'm afraid to stay home alone. I know I'm not 10 anymore, but I just can't help it.
- Speaking of horror movies, I had a huge, huge, huge, crush on Gary Oldman after watching this film. When I saw him with long hair, glasses and those 19th century clothes I fell for him - he was so beautiful!
- I love Paris. This may sound a little cliché, but it's true. I've had this yearning for going to Paris for as long as I can remember, such an unusual feeling because I didn't know much about it when I was younger.
My brother took a short trip to Paris (and Madrid) last month and when he showed me the photos and the Louvre tickets I cried like a baby - I was carried away by emotion and can't actually explain why.
I've never been abroad and I want my first international trip to be to Paris.
I know many people have been tagged and many have already answered this meme, so if you are reading this and want to participate, consider yourself "tagged". :)