Friday, September 9, 2011

White chocolate, cranberry and strawberry rocky road

White chocolate, cranberry and strawberry rocky road / Barrinhas rocky road de chocolate branco, morangos e cranberries secas

I’ve been meaning to make these rocky road bars forever: when I saw so many delicious ingredients combined I knew the candy would be great. And it really was (not to mention how ridiculously easy this recipe is).
I have the same feeling about “Carnage”: so many great actors directed by Polanski. It has got to be good. Too bad I’ll have to wait a while to find out. ;)

White chocolate, cranberry and strawberry rocky road / Barrinhas rocky road de chocolate branco, morangos e cranberries secas

White chocolate, cranberry and strawberry rocky road
slightly adapted from the always wonderful Donna Hay Magazine

800g white chocolate, chopped
2½ cups quartered white marshmallows
½ cup chopped dried apples
1 ¾ cups (192g) sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, sliced lengthwise

Very lightly butter a 20x30cm (8x12in) baking pan and line it with foil (the butter will keep the foil from sliding around the pan).
Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water – do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water – and cook until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, add the marshmallow, dried apples and cranberries – keep some of the cranberries for decoration – and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the dried strawberries and reserved cranberries. Set aside until firm, 2-3 hours (the recipe calls for placing the pan in the refrigerator but I chose not to).
Cut into pieces, remove the foil and serve.

Makes 25 – I cut them a bit smaller and got 32

22 comments:

cafenoHut said...

it looks so delicious and at the same time it is very easy... I can..

Priya Suresh said...

Simply awesome..

DessertForTwo said...

I love when your recipes use white chocolate!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

This is so pretty with the berries -- must be so yummy too!

Katie | GoodLife Eats said...

This looks so good!

kankana said...

That is going to rock my husband's world :) he loves white chocolate like crazy!!

Deb said...

Fabulous Rocky Road! The white chocolate has quite an elegant appeal. I very much like the combination of sweet strawberries and tangy cranberries with the white chocolate.

Rachel Keeth said...

These look amazing! They would be great for around Christmas! :D

Priya said...

This looks really decadent and I can't believe it's that easy to put together. The photographs are just gorgeous..

Magda said...

I don't know how many calories they have, but I would do them just for these gorgeous colors!

ChichaJo said...

This looks amazing! Love! And love your movie snippets as well...I count on you to keep me in the loop, hehe :)

Emme @Food Samba said...

Looks delicious! I love white chocolate.

Unknown said...

Ewww I love sweet snacks with fruit, the fruit helps balance the guilt of the chocolate.

Oh but wait, I don't suffer guilt eating chocolate so that's kind of a mute point huh?

:)

Diane Schmidt said...

looks so pretty!!! love it :)

Unknown said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures and SUCH a great twist on rocky road!!!! I think I'm going to have to make these for Christmas, because the red and white looks so festive.

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the freeze dried strawberries and apples? My local grocery store doesn't carry them.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hey, there,
I live in São Paulo, Brazil.

Serene said...

The best thing is there's no need for an oven when most of them need one for this type of recipe! ^^

Anonymous said...

Where can I find freeze dried strawberries?

Bety said...

Beautiful and cozy blog!
I found a picture in Pinterest .... and so I came to your blog
Great recipe!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Thank you, Bety!

Anonymous said...

The quantities were off... I am waiting for it to cool off but not sure if this will work out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails