Monday, April 26, 2010

Toblerone cookies

Toblerone cookies / Cookies de Toblerone

I’ve been feeling like a certain cat lately – not so keen on Mondays... :)

These cookies could certainly cheer one up, even Garfield – it’s too early for lasagna, anyway. :)

Toblerone cookies
adapted from here

¼ cup (56g) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup (117g) light brown sugar, packed
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
200g milk Toblerone, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F; line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth, then stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and 150g Toblerone.
Drop leveled tablespoons of dough onto each sheet, 5cm (2in) apart. Press the remaining chopped Toblerone over the surface of the cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until dry-looking and covered with even cracks but not quite firm to the touch. Leave to cool and firm up on the baking sheets for a few minutes before carefully peeling away from the paper.

The cookies will keep in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.

Makes 22

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a Toblerone? I can not translate. Can you give me a link to a photo?

Meeta K. Wolff said...

oh i am in toblerone heaven. what a grand way to use the chocolate!!

Anonymous said...

Recovers! I will look in the shops, cookies are very delicious!

Half Baked said...

Toblerone is one of my favorite chocolates every! Mmmm those cookies look fabulous!

Paula said...

these cookies looks so retro dear!

Mercè said...

Oh, I'll have to bake these for my sis!! She loves toblerone!

Future Grown-Up said...

oh yums. I haven't had that candy for ages but I can only imagine how yummy it must be in a cookie.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

I love what u did to cookies and yeah i love what u did to toblerone:-)
are these the crispy kinda cookies or the soft kinda cookies?

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Absolutely lovely and yummy cookies:-)))

Valérie I♥Cakes said...

Maybe it's too early for lasagna but it's always time for toblerone cookies !It makes me wanna make a batch right away !

Valen said...

These look so delicious! Actually, I could go for some lasagna right now, cold, please.

Steph said...

Yum! I'm obsessed with toblerone.

Manggy said...

Oh noo, what does that make me if I eat lasagna for breakfast? :P Though I certainly wouldn't miss lasagna if I had these cookies!

kirbie said...

Mmm! These look yummy and simple. And a good way to get rid of my toblerone bars

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine made these at Christmas and they are delicious!!

jacqui said...

Yea please! I love Toblerone, but I've never thought of putting it into cookies!

My Little Space said...

I have to tell you that you have such a beautiful blog! I can't wait to see more. Have a wonderful day.
Cheers, Kristy

WendyinKK said...

It's so scary to eat a cat.... Ewww...
Hahahaha!!!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Niksya, it's a kind of chocolate, hope you find it there!

Meeta, thank you, sweetie!

Half Baked, I love Toblerone too! :)
Thank you!

Paula, yes, they are - I loved Toblerone as a kid, but didn't eat it very often because it was too expensive back then.

Mercè, I hope you girls like it! Thank you!

Future Grown-Up, it went really well mixed in the cookie dough. :)
Thank you!

Sugar Plum Fairy, thank you for stopping by! They are crispy on the edges and soft in the center.

Valérie, thank you, sweetie! We'll leave the lasagna for dinner time. :)

Valent, thank you! I like eating cold pizza. :)

Steph, thank you! I love Toblerone, too. :)

Mark, I do the same with pizza. :)
Thank you!

Kirbie, I hope you give this recipe a try!

Starts in the City, thank you for stopping by!

Jacqui, thank you for visiting! I'm glad you like the cookies!

Kristy, thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you around here again. :)

Wendy, I never said that. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails