Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Banana pancakes

Banana pancakes / Panquequinhas de banana

I love holidays – who doesn’t? :)

Lazy days like today call for a special breakfast, like these banana pancakes – they are delicious with fresh fruit, especially strawberries. A wonderful way to start the day. :)

Banana pancakes / Panquequinhas de banana

Banana pancakes
from Simple Essentials Fruit

2 cups + 2 tablespoons (300g) all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup (116g) brown sugar, packed
1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 ½ tablespoons (21g) unsalted butter
½ cup maple syrup or honey, to serve

Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, buttermilk, eggs and bananas in a large bowl and mix to combine. heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a little of the butter and pour 1/3 cup (80ml) of the mixture into the pan and cook, in batches, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pancakes and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve in stacks layered drizzled with the maple syrup or honey.

Serves 4 – I halved the recipe, used ¼ cup (60ml) of batter per pancake and got 12

11 comments:

Cam Seslaf said...

Thank you, Patricia. THANK YOU. ;D

Cosy Bake said...

I love pan cakes !!! Nice pictures you have. How envy!

Paula said...

these pancakes are first on my next-bake-list :)

Sarah said...

I can't think of banana pancakes without humming a little Jack Johnson :)

Think I may make these for the husband's birthday this weekend!

tigerfish said...

I am not really a fan of pancakes but if someone were to make it for me, just like that, in front of me, I would not say NO. :)

Manggy said...

My favorite way to eat banana pancakes is with condensed milk and of course, more fresh bananas! :)

Katie said...

I love my banana pancakes with chocolate chips or date syrup on. These look delicious and love how they use buttermilk

Anonymous said...

Bananas + Pancakes = always a winner!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Cam, sweetie, xoxo!

Honey Boy, thank you for stopping by!

Paula, I hope you like them, darling!

Sarah, that is a tropical combo, I'll say. ;)
Hope he likes it, sweetie!

Tigerfish, I'll try to change you mind. :)

Mark, now you've got me craving sweetened condensed milk! I freaking love the stuff. :)

Katie, that idea of adding choc chips is wonderful, sweetie!
Thank you!

Milly, thank you for visiting! I'm glad you like the recipe!

Future Grown-Up said...

Yay...and I have bananas in the freezer that I can use to make this. Thanks for sharing...looks yummy.

The Urban Baker said...

I have not been loving my pancake recipes lately. These look heavenly. My kids aren't banana fans. What do you think of swapping out the bananas for sweet potatoes? I will let you know how they come out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails