Friday, April 23, 2010

Lemon pistachio friands + something new

Lemon pistachio friands / Friands de pistache e limão siciliano

There’s something new here today – and I know you’ll forgive me for the self-centered moment. :)

After receiving emails and comments asking me about the kind of training I have, the equipment I use for my photos, etc., I’ve decided to add an “about me” page to TK – and that would have to come with a lemon recipe on the side, of course. :)

Lemon pistachio friands / Friands de pistache e limão siciliano

Lemon pistachio friands
adapted from here

190g unsalted butter
60g all purpose flour
200g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
60g almond meal (ground almonds)
60g unsalted pistachios, finely ground
5 egg whites
grated zest of 2 lemons

Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Melt butter and use a little to grease a 12-hole friand pan. Dust with a little flour, shaking out excess.
Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl, then stir in the almond meal and the ground pistachios.
Place egg whites in a small bowl and lightly froth with a fork. Add to dry ingredients with melted butter and zest, stirring until completely combined. Fill each friand hole two-thirds full. Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.

The friands will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container.

Makes 12 – I halved the recipe above and got 9 friands, 6 using 3-tablespoon capacity star shaped pans + 3 using 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffiin pans

18 comments:

Finla said...

This just looks so so yumm. Love anything aobut pistachios.
And it was nice reading aobut you. Here daughter , hubby and I are creazy fro House, we watch every sunday 2 episode when they show in TV here :-)

Finla said...

Forogt to say I always love your pictures.

Mandy said...

that is a lovely pic of you, Patricia. I love to know something more about the person behind the blog. :)And those friands are just so lovely, they put a smile on my face.

Mercè said...

Patricia, thanks for your comment in my blog! :) Actually, I think yours look amazing!!
Btw, reading your about, I found that we have maaaaaaaany things in common!! Same age, soccer fans, Messi is the best, (I'm a Barcelona supporter ;)), passion for cooking specially desserts, and an addiction to cookbooks and food photography! ;)
Sure I'll visit you more often. :)

Paula said...

oh my, I can`t wait to try them!

Unknown said...

It was lovely to 'meet' you via your new about me page. Something that I have been dragging my feet on my own blog

dining table said...

This looks so yummy! And it is pretty, too! I like the shape you made!

Rosemaryandthegoat said...

These look delicious. Iwant to try these for my next catering job. I love comine up with new ideas for lady's luncheons.

Yan said...

now we get to see the talented pretty lady behind these lovely bakes blog...

your bakes just snaps one out of laziness and drools to action. neat!

Abby said...

Great About page! And beautiful dessert to boot.

symphonious sweets said...

Nice to meet you! I love your blog!

Erica Lea said...

It was fun to read more about you...and to find that we are around the same height (just under 5'2"). Sorry. These things really interest me. ;D

Your photos are always lovely, and these look scrumptious.

Anh said...

Love the "about page". :) You are sooo wonderful and sweet, just as how I have always imagined you to be. *hugs*

jue said...

nice to have a face to your name! Always enjoyed your desserts.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Happy Cook, thank you! You are just too kind. :)
I love House, too bad I can't watch it regularly. Love how versatile Hugh Laurie is.

Mandy, thank you, sweetie!

Mercè, your blog is beautiful, I'll become a regular, you bet!
I'm a huge Barcelona fan, too! :)
Thank you for stopping by!

Paula, hope you like them!

Wizzy, I can't wait to know more about you, too. :)

Rosemary, thank you! Hope you like the friands.

Yan, you are far too kind - thank you!

Abby, thank you!

Symphonious Sweets, thank you! I'm glad you like it here! ;)

Erica Lea, it's OK - we can always rely on high heels for some extra help. ;)
Thank you, you are so sweet!

Anh, you are wonderful, darling! And generous!
xx

Jue, thank you! I'm glad you like the recipes.

martina said...

These are lovely...and your new "about me" page, too. So we are the same age, same training :), dessert is the only thing that counts, both soccer fans... one thing divides us until wednesday: Messi. (I'm an Inter Milan supporter!). Beside this little thing we are very similar. Good to know that is another me over the ocean :) Cheers Martina

The Urban Baker said...

These are GORGEOUS! I can't wait to try them. You are my idol (hee hee).

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hi, Martina!
You are just so sweet, thank you for stopping by!
So we'll be friends forever starting Thursday, ok? :)
xx

Susan, you are far too kind, darling!
Thank you!
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails