Saturday, February 19, 2011

Banana, chocolate and coconut muffins

Banana, chocolate and coconut muffins / Muffins de banana, coco e chocolate

Since you are not tired of my banana recipes, here comes another one, with a special help from good friends coconut and chocolate. :)

Quick to put together and delicious, these muffins are perfect for the rainy day/couch/TV combo – but I can assure you they taste great on a summer day, too. ;)

Banana, chocolate and coconut muffins
slightly adapted from here

2 cups (280g) all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup (150g) caster sugar
1 cup (50g) sweetened shredded coconut
½ cup (92g) dark chocolate chips
½ cup + 1 tablespoon (127g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F; butter a 12-hole muffin pan – each hole holds 1/3 cup batter.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the sugar, coconut and chocolate chips.
In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and whisk lightly with a fork – do not overmix the batter, otherwise you’ll end up with tough muffins.
Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
Cool slightly in the pan, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.

Makes 12

13 comments:

ma'chiks said...

wow, those combination of banana, chocolate and coconut the taste must be very great! I like it. must include in must try list. tq for sharing.

Andrea said...

OMG, I'm also in "baking with bananas" phase. :D
Just the other day I made some banana, almond and chocolate muffins, and today I made coconut and banana bundt cake. :)

I'm reading your blog regularly but I don't leave any comments. Sorry for that. Your work is wonderful as always and your photos are stunning beautiful. :)

LimeCake said...

These look so simple but so delicious! Wonderful flavour combinations!

Maria said...

Yummy! I'd love one with my afternoon tea today!

susan said...

Choclate + coconut + bananas = lounging on a beach in Hawaii. Yet, I would settle for sitting around your kitchen table, sipping coffee and eating one of these glorious muffins!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

I could never have enough banana recipes. So flavorful and moist...great muffins, dear!

Priya Suresh said...

Marvellous looking muffins..

Unknown said...

Patricia - these muffins look scrumptious! I am behind on my blogging! Wish I had one now...hope you had a wonderful weekend! :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Ma'chiks, thank you! I hope you give it a try.

Andrea, I love baking with bananas! :)
You are just far too kind! Thank you for sweet words. I wish I could have a slice of that banana bundt cake - sounds delish! :)
xx

Lime Cake, thank you! Very simple, indeed. :)

Maria, thank you!

Susan, you are right! These have a tropical feeling. :)
Come one over, sweetie! I'll make some tea for us.
xx

Xiaolu, agree! I love baking with bananas.
Thank you, darling!
xx

Priya, thank you!

Nina, thank you, dearie! I wish you a wonderful week, too!
xx

Sabine Rogers said...

These sound delicious!
Also, beautiful pictures, what model camera do you use?

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hi, Sabine!
All the info about my gear you can find here:
http://tkaboutme.blogspot.com/

xx

Gem said...

Just made these - WOW! And simple, just like you said. Thankyou!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hey, Gemma! I'm so glad you liked the recipe! Thank you for letting me know how they turned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails