Monday, December 5, 2011

White Christmas

White Christmas

Going through the holiday editions of my old DH magazines I found this recipe for White Christmas – it was easy to make and looked really good; the white chocolate, cranberry and strawberry rocky road I made a while ago had already been a hit and these bars, studded with dried apricots and nuts, were equally loved.

White Christmas
slightly adapted from the always gorgeous DH magazine

350g white chocolate, finely chopped
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2/3 cup (100g) whole blanched almonds, toasted and cooled
70g dried apricots, chopped
¾ cup (83g) pecans, toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped

Very lightly butter a square 20cm (8in) baking pan and line it with foil (the butter will keep the foil from sliding around the pan).
Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water – do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water – and cook until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, add the ginger, almonds, apricots and pecans and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Set aside until firm, 2-3 hours (the recipe calls for placing the pan in the refrigerator but I chose not to).
Cut into pieces, remove the foil and serve.

Makes 64

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, l'm come from Ely's Blog!What a beautiful place is this blog!I'll print this receipe and I'll try it. Sorry for by bad english..and I hope you will come in my blog!

argone said...

I would love to pick one of these !!

pam said...

Donna Hay never disappoints!

Sara said...

Gorgeous! What a perfect holiday gift! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails