Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cashew blondies

Cashew blondies / Blondies de castanha de caju

“Videodrome” was on TV the other day and I was dying to watch it again – I saw it when I was a teenage girl – but I was so sleepy I could barely watch the first 5 minutes. One thing I did not recall about the movie was Debbie Harry as part of the cast, and that made me curious.

Speaking of Ms. Harry, I have blondies for you today. ;)

Cashew blondies / Blondies de castanha de caju

Cashew blondies
from here

½ cup (113g/1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (175g) light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup (92g) white chocolate chips or chunks

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Lightly butter a 20cm (8in) square pan, line with aluminum foil, letting it hang about 5cm (2in) over the sides. Butter the foil generously.
Place butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Use the flat beater to beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and cream well, another 2 minutes.
With a fork, beat the eggs in a small bowl and mix in the vanilla extract. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. In three stages, add to the butter mixture, blending well after each addition. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the nuts and white chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula to distribute evenly.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and use the rubber spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Bake the blondies for 28-30 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs clinging to it. Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a rack.
Lift the blondies from the pan with the aluminum foil. Carefully peel the foil away. Cut into squares.

Makes 16

12 comments:

BP said...

YUMALICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

I've never had a blondie before. Might need to try this recipe!

Salomé said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Yum, I love baking with cashews! I don't make enough things with them.

Priya Suresh said...

Those blondies looks super irresistible..

Rivki Locker said...

I never think to make blondies (it's always brownies!) but these look fantastic. Pretty and delicious!

Sundollops said...

These look awesome! Long live the new flesh!

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Lovely !! Perfect :)

The Food Hunter said...

Great idea.

susan said...

I'm making these right now! I will let you know how they turn out. Such a great photo, Patricia. Miss you, mucho!!! xx

Miss Hatton said...

Sadly mine came out a bit rubbery. Are you sure about the butter? Maybe a little more?

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dear Sarah, I'm so sorry! The butter amount was incorrect. I've corrected it now. My apologies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails