Friday, November 19, 2010

Chock-full of chocolate chip cookies

Chock-full of chocolate chip cookies / Cookies com muuuitas de gotas de chocolate

Yes, people, chocolate chips again – the person behind this blog has serious problems trying to control herself sometimes, and that can result in the purchase of a 2.5kg (over 5oz) bag of chocolate chips. So get ready to see loads of chips around here (luckily the chocolate is excellent and I can melt it to make brownies and such). :)

Speaking of control – or the lack of it – buying a huge bag of chocolate chips is nothing compared to watching 36 episodes of my newest favorite show in 2 weeks – hadn’t things like WORK gotten in the way I could have done that in 3 days. :D

Chock-full of chocolate chip cookies / Cookies com muuuitas de gotas de chocolate

Chock-full of chocolate chip cookies
from The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook

1 ¼ cups (175g) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (113g/1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup (88g) packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons (72g) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups (24 oz/672g) semisweet chocolate chips – I used chips with 70% cocoa solids

Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 180°C/350°F. Line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended, about 1 minute – the mixture may look curdled, but that’s OK. On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Use a tablespoon to drop heaping spoonfuls of dough ( about 3 level tablespoons each) onto prepared sheets, spacing the cookies 7.5cm (3in) apart (I rolled into balls and pressed slightly before baking).
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the edges are lightly browned and the centers are golden, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack with a wide metal spatula (cookies will flatten slightly as they cool).
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days.

Makes 27 cookies - I halved the recipe, used 2 leveled tablespoons of dough per cookie and got 17

18 comments:

Lauren at KeepItSweet said...

i have no problem with an abundance of chocolate chips! i do have a bag from massive Costco sitting in my kitchen...

cocoa and coconut said...

I think using brown sugar in cookies givse the BEST results. Nice recipe!

Just Cake Girl said...

mmmm yummy :)))

Patty said...

4 cups?! Whoa. That's chocolaty.

Priya Suresh said...

Wowww delectable cookies..

Abby said...

Chocolate-chip cookies are one of my weaknesses. I always add more chocolate than called for! You can never have enough. :)

LimeCake said...

Nothing better than a good chocolate chip cookie! Classic!

Katie said...

I just made these cookies today... they were the first thing I made from your blog, which I have been a faithful follower of since July but just haven't had time to make anything until now! This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried! So so so delicious! I made some big ol' cookies...the size of softballs! I LOVE your blog!

martina said...

I've just come home from a trip in Belgium... so I missed your birthday and your blog anniversary :(
But I'm with you with the uncontrolled chocolate thing and with True Blood, too. I love it. And the two things together:super cool.
Martina

Vania Georgieva said...

Fantastic cookies, I'll make them very soon. Great images!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Lauren, yay! I hope you give this recipe a try.

Brittany, I agree with you! Thank you!

Just Cake Girl, thank you!

Patty, indeed! :D

Priya, thank you!

Abby, mine too, sweetie! :D You've said it all, my dear. :D

LimeCake, I agree! :D

katie, you are just too sweet! Thank you for such kind words, they mean the world to me!
I'm so glad to know you liked the recipe - tks for letting me know!
xoxo

Martina, I hope you had fun in Belgium! Thank you for stopping by!
xx

Vania, thank you for stopping by!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Can I order a package of these? I have a cookie craving that I haven't satisfied at all recently :).

Suzie said...

These were AMAZING! Thanks!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Xiaolu, my dear, stop by and I'll bake a batch especially for you. ;)

Suzie, thank YOU! :)

Rachel n Chong said...

You took beautiful pictures of the lovely food you whipped up. I can't wait to try this recipe next Monday coz I'll be off from work. Thanks for sharing.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Rachel, you are far too kind, thank you! I hope you like the recipe!

Rachel n Chong said...

I made your Butter Cake recipe a while ago and posted on my blog. I wanna thank you again for the Butter cake recipe and have shared the recipe with everyone and yes, I have not forgotten to mention it's a courtesy from your blog :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

You are far too kind, dear Rachel! thank YOU for letting me know how the recipe turned out!
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails